WELCOME to my blog...

D O N 'T W O R R Y , B E H A P P Y !

Have a beautiful day and be H A P P Y !


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mindfulness & Mastery in the Worksplace

By Dr. Saki F. Santorelli

In addition to this ongoing clinical work, I have the opportunity to teach in a wide variety of settings in both the public and private sectors. These programs are tailored to individual, corporate, or institutional needs with an underlying emphasis on the cultivation and application of mindfulness and mastery in the workplace. Out of one such program evolved: 21 Ways to Reduce Stress During the Workday.

During a follow-up program for secretarial staff, I was moved by their struggle to practically integrate the stability and sense of connectedness that they sometimes felt during the sitting meditation practice into their daily lives while at work. In response to their struggle, "21 Ways" came into print. In developing these ways, I proceeded by simply asking myself: How do I attempt to handle ongoing stress while at work? -- actually from the time I awaken in the morning until I return home at the end of the formal workday. How do I attempt to stitch mindfulness into the cloth my daily life? What helps me to wake up when I have become intoxicated by the sheer momentum and urgency of living? For full article click on MMW

No comments: